I got this old ottoman from my in-laws. They were going to throw it out so I took it home and put a little work into it. The first thing I did was completely strip the ottoman of it's fabrics. the most tedious thing was probably removing all the staples. there was at least 500 of them!
After I removed the materials I transfered the woven potato sack material from the top of the ottoman to the bottom so that I could create a storage space. Our house is very small so everything has to serve a storage purpose also.
I then started adding a new fabric and stapling it into place with my new staple gun.
I purchased a small piece of plywood to create a lid, placed the padding ontop and added material to it. I connected the two with some hinges, attached a loopy thing for a handle and added some tacks for decoration.
The only thing that needs to be done still is an inch or so needs to be chopped off the front legs because for some odd reason they are waaay longer than the back ones.
I think it looks fairly good though I am not too sure about the corners of the fabric, I beleive I left too much excess fabric to fold over but it doesn't look terrible.