Monday, October 24, 2011

Best Find EVER!


Yesterday, my husband and I were taking the dog for a walk and he noticed something on the ground. It took me a second to realize what it was. Just then, it started to rain and without thinking I ran home to grab the laundry off the line while my husband ran the other way to make sure the dog got at least around the block.
And a short while later he came back with the dog and the treasure. Fritz says he's taking credit for this find, however I think it's mutual because I'm not too sure if he realized what it actually was.  I guess I still haven't mentioned my self what it is.

It turns out that we found what I'm pretty sure is an antique dress form. She's in a bit of a rough shape, with stains and holes on the fabric and some rust, but the old mechanics of sliders and wing nuts is complete. I have never been this excited about a find. I have always wanted one of these, but they are pricey items, and yet here we found one on the side of the road, like it's meant to be.

I've been trying to find the actual value for her in her present condition. I have found a couple on line and they range form $100 to $800 but those ones are in pristine condition. I don't know if this one will even reach the $100 mark due to her condition, but I have great plans for her.

I would like to to replace the fabric for starters, give the legs a fresh coat of paint and completely clean her up. I can't believe I found an old dress form! This has to be my all time favourite find and I am sooo excited to fix her up and display her and I will make sure to post the results when I do.
The new treasure, in rough shape,
but so much potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment