Friday, June 22, 2012

Eat In, Take Out.

I finally had a week where I could once again meet with a group of girls for crafting. This week we dicided on making menu boards.
I discovered one while browsing on Pinterest, and decided that I need something like that. I attempted a similar idea once but it merely consisted of pinning magnets to my refrigerator to hold up some recipes. 
The menu board idea howver, is way classier, and adds a splash of colour to the kitchen. ( although this splash of colour is hanging over another splash of colour in my kitchen) 

There are are many ways of going about making a menu board but here is my approach. 
1.I first fastened together two canvases bought at the dollar store using a fine wire. ( this was because I could not find a larger canvas for a little money. 
2. Next I covered the canvas in parchment paper paper and then laid down a strip of pretty paper. this happened to come from a gift bag that I liked)
3. I then added cloths-pins to hold the menu cards which display the meal on the front and the ingredients needed on the back. 
4. I then added three cork pot holders. the top one holds the recipe box for extra recipes, the middle one a whiteboard and the bottom one a cork board to pin notes to to.
5. I added a "title" in the corner, some decals and voila, a menu board. 


No comments:

Post a Comment